8.22.2011

Kyntli's First injury

KK is my healthy one. She is clumsy but until this summer has managed to avoid serious stuff until May 20th. I was in the kitchen getting dinner ready, the kids were on the trampoline and Noah was cleaning the pool. I am headed outside to get them for dinner and I hear her yelling that she is ready to go inside. Somehow she managed to unclip and unzip the safety net and is standing in the opening holding onto the net waiting. Noah is headed over to get her out and I'm walking toward the trampoline and Crew jumps against the net on the opposite side and shakes the net which flings Kyntli out. Noah and I were not more then an arms length away but she toppled to the ground before we could get there. She let out a scream that makes my stomach turn just thinking about it. I immediately look at Noah and tell him her arm is broke to call his mom because we need to go to Norman ER.

This is her in the car on the way to Norman. We wrapped it in ice and towels and as long as we didn't move it she would sleep.

Waiting in the ER, We ended up being admitted to the Hospital and staying the night and having surgery the next morning. She was a trooper.
Very proud of my Girl. This is a pic of her right after surgery.
Day 1 at Home
Day 2 at Home

Our Cast she picked out :)

She was side lined from swimming, but she would still come out with us and sit on the side and splash her legs.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers